Enter to Chichén Itza from our own private entrance and continue your journey to Merida
Our Mayaland Resort’s unique, privileged location among the Temples in Chichen Itza provide you with the best of experiences during your visit to this Wonder of the World, the only one in North America.
No other tour provider can offer you the experience of Chichen Itza like Gray Line Mayaland. Guaranteed. Here is why:
* Unique and privileged access to the temples, no lines, no hassles.
* Professional Gray Line Guides, Archeologists and Anthropologists to accompany your small group.
* Mercedes Benz transportation to and from your hotel in Cancun, the Riviera Maya or Merida. Private or shared with no more than 16 other guests, your choice.
* Free use of Gray Line’s Luciano Pavarotti’s Hospitality Suite and all its amenities at Mayaland, a World renowned resort in the Heart of Chichen Itza. Their fee is included in ALL our tours & experiences and gives Gray Line Mayaland the unique ability to access the archeological site as many times as you like during the day, allowing each individual in your party to pursue their particular interest. Whether it is a refreshing swim in one of our pools (free) or the nearby Cenote Ik Kil, visit to the Balancanche Caves (free ride to them, Add. Cost for Entrance tickets). Visit our Maya Planetarium, enjoy our resort’s SPA (both at add. cost); walk or bicycle ride through our tropical forest & Botanical Gardens (free), ride on horseback to the “Rejollada de Thompson” (add. cost). Engulf yourself in our Be Maya® culinary, astronomical & Maya-religious experience or just relax in our resort’s gorgeous tropical gardens.
GRAY LINE WORLDWIDE GUARANTEES ALL OF THE ABOVE TO BE TRUE OR YOUR MONEY BACK ON THE SPOT. OVER A CENTURY OF UNIQUE SIGHTSEEING EXPERIENCES.
Our excursion begins by picking you up in a 16 seater Mercedes Benz Van (small groups for luxurious comfort!) between 7:00 and 8:05 am from the lobbies of all major Playa del Carmen hotels. Arriving at the Mayaland Hotel, we will head directly to the archaeological site through our private entrance. At the site, our certified tour guide will take you on a 2 hour tour, exploring the secrets of the ancient Mayan Civilization. Your guide will explain the historical significance of all the most important constructions such as the Observatory, the Nunnery, La Iglesia and Akab Dzib.
After this, we will continue to the main plaza, where the famous Temple of Kukulcan is located (El Castillo or the Pyramid), the remarkable Ball Game Court, the Temple of the Jaguars, the Platform of Eagles and Jaguars, The Platform of Venus, the Tzompantli, the Temple of the Warriors and its adjacent Temple of the 1,000 columns. You will have time to discover the site on your own, so move at your own pace, admire the monuments, and take pictures.
After your first visit to the ruins, regroup to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Mayaland Hotel. During lunch you will be entertained by traditional Yucatan music and dance performances by the Mayaland regional ballet. After lunch you may choose to return to the ruins, take a dip in the pool, relax on a lounge chair or stroll through the hotel’s tropical gardens. Optional activities like bike riding or horseback riding are available at the hotel at a nominal fee.
We will depart from Chichen Itza to go to the colonial city of Merida where you will have drop off service at the major hotels.
* The Majestic Observatory
* The Sacred Cenote - Where sacrifices once took place
* The Ball Court - the largest and deadliest Ball Game in Mesoamerica. The arena is 168 meters in length and 70 meters in width with perfect acoustics.
* The Pyramid of Kukulcan - Where both theology and astronomy combine to produce a unique spectacle twice a year, the Spring Equinox and the Autumn Solstice. On these days, the shadows projected over the architectural elements of the building resemble a serpent descending into the ground. Located inside the pyramid is the famous Chac Mool sculpture and the Jaguar Throne.
Not booked your hotel yet? Hotel not listed? Staying with a friend/family?
Don't worry, you can give us that information when you add this item to your cart.
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Phone: 52 (998) 887-9162 – From USA & CANADA Toll Free: 1 (877) 2405864-- From Mexico: 1 800 3 672489 -- Your reservation is not yet complete. You MUST call or email to confirm the date and time of your tour at least 48 hours prior. If your tour includes pick-up, please let us know your hotel name. Present a printed copy of your electronic voucher on the day of departure to redeem services. Please also confirm your complimentary Welcome Bay Cruise and arrange hotel pickup when you confirm this booking with Gray Line Cancun. For individuals staying at hotels located in Cancun downtown, the meeting point will be at the Bonampak Hotel, to which they should arrive on their own (no service pick-up for hotels at downtown). The schedule of pick up at the meeting point will be notified when confirming the service
Enter Chichén Itza from our own private entrance, without waiting in any...From 69.00
Explore Chichen Itza at your own way with a Self Guided experience and...From 33.90