Our Mayaland Resort’s unique, privileged location among the Temples in Chichen Itza provide you with the best of experiences during your visit to this Wonder of the World, the only one in North America.
No other tour provider can offer you the experience of Chichen Itza like Gray Line Mayaland. Guaranteed. Here is why:
- Unique and privileged access to the temples, no lines, no hassles.
- Professional Gray Line Guides, Archeologists and Anthropologists to accompany your small group.
- Free use of Gray Line’s Luciano Pavarotti’s Hospitality Suite and all its amenities at Mayaland, a World renowned resort in the Heart of Chichen Itza. Their fee is included in ALL our tours & experiences and gives Gray Line Mayaland the unique ability to access the archeological site as many times as you like during the day, allowing each individual in your party to pursue their particular interest. Whether it is a refreshing swim in one of our pools (free) or the nearby Cenote Tsukan. Visit our Maya Planetarium.
GRAY LINE WORLDWIDE GUARANTEES ALL OF THE ABOVE TO BE TRUE OR YOUR MONEY BACK ON THE SPOT. OVER A CENTURY OF UNIQUE SIGHTSEEING EXPERIENCES.
Our excursion begins by picking you up in a 16 seater Mercedes Benz Van (small groups for luxurious comfort!) between 7:00 and 8:00 am from the lobbies of all major Cancun and Riviera Maya hotels. Arriving at the Mayaland Hotel, we will head directly to the archaeological site through our private entrance. At the site, our certified tour guide will take you on a 2 hour tour, exploring the secrets of the ancient Mayan Civilization. Your guide will explain the historical significance of all the most important constructions such as the Observatory, the Nunnery, La Iglesia and Akab Dzib.
After this, we will continue to the main plaza, where the famous Temple of Kukulcan is located (El Castillo or the Pyramid), the remarkable Ball Game Court, the Temple of the Jaguars, the Platform of Eagles and Jaguars, The Platform of Venus, the Tzompantli, the Temple of the Warriors and its adjacent Temple of the 1,000 columns. You will have time to discover the site on your own, so move at your own pace, admire the monuments, and take pictures.
After your first visit to the ruins, regroup to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Mayaland Hotel. During lunch you will be entertained by traditional Yucatan music and dance performances by the Mayaland regional ballet. After lunch you may choose to return to the ruins, take a dip in the pool, relax on a lounge chair or stroll through the hotel’s tropical gardens. Optional activities like bike riding or horseback riding are available at the hotel at a nominal fee.
We will depart from Chichen Itza to go to the colonial city of Merida where you will have drop off service at the major hotels.
- The Majestic Observatory
- The Ball Court - the largest and deadliest Ball Game in Mesoamerica. The arena is 168 meters in length and 70 meters in width with perfect acoustics.
- The Pyramid of Kukulcan - Where both theology and astronomy combine to produce a unique spectacle twice a year, the Spring Equinox and the Autumn Solstice. On these days, the shadows projected over the architectural elements of the building resemble a serpent descending into the ground. Located inside the pyramid is the famous Chac Mool sculpture and the Jaguar Throne.